Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Starting Place

So many people have started blogs and I really enjoy reading their thoughts. So I decided I would start my own.

I figured this was a good place to start.

This new chapter in my life that really began in May has become more real the past few weeks. I have a "real" job working as a receptionist at Starkville Urology.. live with two sweet, Godly girls in an apt close to MSU.. have an amazing group of friends.. I am learning about this new life the Lord has set before me.
And yet here I am, still longing for more. The Lord really began to convict me about that on Sunday. I have applied to medical school (for the second time) and am truly leaving that all in His hands. In His timing, perhaps that's where I will end up. For right now, He has made it clear that I am to be in Starkville.

Some moments I am thrilled with this life I live. How simplistic it is. I am able to run, work hard during the day, enjoy time with friends and truly rest at night. Other moments I long for the busyness of school, the late night studying, the exhaustion that can come only with staying up late in college, and the routine of my college years. I am truly "growing up", I suppose.

In this time of waiting, I am learning about resting. Which is actually something God started in the first place. He was the one who created a Sabbath to give us an example of what a day of rest looked like. He is the one who would go off and pray by Himself when He needed time alone. And in this time in between for me, I long to learn more about the type of resting that Jesus lived out.

This year (or perhaps longer) between college and medical truly is my time in between. Between the known world of college, books, clubs, being so involved I could barely breathe. In this time, I am learning about.. well, whatever I want to learn about! Whether that is watching season 3 of Gossip Girl allllll night long, playing Words with Friends, running endlessly, obsessing over getting a puppy, learning how to keep a budget, always wearing scrubs (I mean, they are pretty legit), or simply beseeching the Lord about His plan for this season in my life.. I am able to do simply whatever I want. It is a very freeing time right now.

I am learning time-management in a new way. And I'm learning that there is a difference between being still and doing nothing. It has been so refreshing for me to be still, read books, go to sleep early and truly savor every moment of my days. Whether it's a song on the radio, a beautiful full moon or a double rainbow after a smashing rain storm, the Lord is showing up in my life in so many ways. It is truly an honor to witness Him in this way. I think perhaps He was always here and I was too busy to notice? Probably so.

I'm not entirely sure what this blog is going to be.. other than a place where my thoughts flow freely. Much of this post doesn't make sense (even to me). It is ceaseless rambling.. and yet, perhaps that is okay too. I suppose it happens to everyone at one time or another. I'm sure I will continue to ramble. And hopefully I'll have something to say that actually makes sense!



But it's the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song's incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between

No comments:

Post a Comment