Friday, September 10, 2010

Feeling like Singing

I have had some truly exciting, blessed moments in my life in the past 11 months. For the most part though, I didn't always feel like singing. Crying out to the Father? Moan and groan? Simply cry? All those things I felt like doing. But singing joyfully... didn't always come first. Or even second or third

However, recently.. I feel like singing. ALL the time. My roommate will ask me what I'm humming in the shower. Or my co-workers ask me what I'm saying to them when I was really just singing to myself (!!). It is written somewhere in the psalms that even though sadness in here for the night, joy comes in the morning. Perhaps they didn't mean literally the next day morning?

For me, I think morning has come. Tomorrow I am doing something I've wanted to do since December 9, 2009 (when I didn't get into medical school) : get a puppy!! I am beyond excited. I have researched breeds, looked for puppies for MONTHSS ( i mean, seriously.. months.. i tell you), read books about how to train them, what to buy them, what kind I should get... and finally the day has come! I am going to the Tupelo animal shelter in the morning and picking out my sweet puppy.

I realized tonight at home that tomorrow my world will change. And I pondered that. Am I ready for this change? For all that it entails? Am I responsible enough? Sacrificial enough of my time to care for another life? heckk.. I can't keep plants alive. And I realized these are the same questions people ask before doing anything that involves someone else: before they have babies, or get married.. both amazingly great things in their own time.

And I came to the conclusion that yes, tomorrow my world WILL change. But all change is not bad. No matter what I've known in the past about change (and I generally hate it).. not all change is bad.

Change can be good. And this change.. this big decision.. I am making for myself. No one is making it for me.

So, yes, I do feel like singing. Just like this song has been echoing in my head all day..

Unexpected mercy

Is the greatest thing to find
When you’ve been broken many times
My soul found joy
And for the first time in a while
I felt singing


And all I can say is Amen... to Him be the glory...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog. It's wonderful. You are blessed with what you have and you will be a wonderful person to have a puppy--which might accidentally be grown--you never know. As far as you other posts, when God closes one door He usually opens another one. His timing is always right. Hang in there and keep praying. I will be for you!!

    ReplyDelete