Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm in medical school?

So I'm in medical school now. But most of the time I have to look around and pinch myself that I am actually here. I waited and tried so long for this... and to be honest, it's not exactly like I thought it would be. It's hard.. yes I knew that would be true. I don't think I completely anticipated just how much material I was expected to learn in such a short amount of time.

I am being stretched in ways I didn't know I could be stretched. I am changing, that is for sure. Hopefully for the better? I know that in 4 years when this is all over, I want to be a changed person who is a better physician because of it.

This has been a hard week. Two tests, three year anniversary of my dad's death, sinus infection/cold, impending tests.. it's just been a tough one. And it's weeks like this I take a step back and look around at what is really important. And you know what? As much as I love medical school and love the idea of being a doctor, it's not the most important thing in my life.
Jesus? Yeah, He is important in my life. Cole? Yeah, that boy has my heart, hands down. My friends and family? Baxter? ha.. yea, he's cute. Those are the most important things to me. And I don't want to lose sight of that during these hard weeks.

I am so incredibly blessed to be here. I look around and realize I have all I have ever prayed for. Medical school, a precious best friend boyfriend, sweet puppydog, family to live with and love on me daily, a nearness to Jesus that could rival anytime in my life. All those things are incredible blessings. And I just need to remind myself sometimes how blessed I am.

Hard weeks will continue to happen. The first week of October will always be on the calendar, however much I dislike it, I don't think it's going away.

"All of my life, in every season You are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship."


sweet boyfriend. he and I wielding dual coke! I feel like we could be in a coca cola ad. 
Alex and Lianne's wedding.


sweet baxter boy. He was officially two years old in this picture. 


my new roommate. she's adorable. 


family. :) 


best best-friend ever. 
my white coat ceremony at the beginning of medical school.


oh man, I love this Savannah-girl. I'm not entirely sure what I would do without her. Probably drop out of medical school. (no, but seriously)

1 comment: