Monday, October 18, 2010

Exciting News!!

I received an email today telling me that I was invited to interview for medical school at UMC in Jackson, MS. I cannot explain the feeling of joy and hope that swelled within my heart. A dream that has seemed like it was slipping away between my fingers suddenly came rushing back full force. I imagined what it would be like to get that email that said Congratulations... I imagined about living in Jackson and being completely overwhelmed by school... I imagined being called Doctor (well that actually happened at work.. a sweet lady I work with was boosting my confidence I'm pretty sure)... all these thoughts and hopes swam in my mind.

I so much want them to become a reality. More specifically, MY reality. Yet I know, all too well, that medical school can still tell me no thank you. Actually, they just say no but no thank you seems more polite.

I was telling my roommate Laura just the other day that I know the Lord's hand has been in this year of my life. I know without a doubt that had He wanted me in medical school this year, He would have and could have moved Heaven and Earth to get me there.

I am excited about this opportunity to interview.. to talk to adults about my passion for medicine.. and to try once more for what I feel like will one day be my career.

Will I get that Congratulations email this time? I'm not sure... but I will keep trying until I get there.

"You were made to fill a purpose
that only you can do...
there could never be
a more beautiful you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment