Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Warm Day in February

If you live anywhere near Mississippi, you are probably doing something revolving the outdoors today. It is simply beautiful out there. Temperatures hovering near the 70's, bright sun out and a sky as blue as the ocean. I love it.

I am inside today.. in my apartment fighting some sort of random sickness that has robbed my body of all energy and dictated that I sleep 16 hours a day. Oh, and I have a sore throat. Who knows what this mystery sickness may be.

I do know that nothing slows me down quicker than being sick.

I spent this past weekend in Jackson helping with a college retreat called The Journey.. such a refreshing weekend of meeting new friends, getting to know people better, having the courage and strength to stand up in front of a crowd and share my spiritual journey.. only to come back and be sick for two days.. even missing work.. which I rarely do.

So.. to catch you up on the past month of my life.. I did get a Macbook Pro. I love it so so much. Yes, I have received my MCAT materials and even started studying Monday night but took yesterday off because I felt so yucky. We'll see how it goes tonight.

The past month continues to bring situations to my life where I must lay my life at the feet of Jesus and trust that He simply knows best. He knows best for my future.. for where I should live or work next year.. for who should be a part of my life.. and He knows best to slow me down so that I don't live life at a breathtaking neck breaking speed. He slows me down enough so that I must listen to Him and quiet my soul.

I have contemplated many things today as I lay in my bed and rest while Baxter rests in his kennel (on his own accord!). On days when it is pretty outside, I feel so much closer to the Lord... like He has reached down and made this day beautiful just for me.
In a book that I am reading right now, it talks about how worship is a way of life.. not just a word that we use to describe the singing portion of a service on Sunday morning. It also talks about how everything created was created to make us worship. The sky as blue as a ocean? created so we would stop and worship the Lord. Birds singing and the sun shining? Created so we would stop and worship the Lord.
I think days like this cause us to slow down a little and bring glory to the Creator of all things. For our sakes, I hope we remember this truth even on the days when the sun doesn't shine as brightly and maybe the birds don't sing.

That we remember exactly we were created to do... we were created to worship Christ the King.
Christ the Creator.
Christ the Redeemer.
Christ our Savior.

.. come and worship.. come and worship.. worship Christ the newborn King..

No comments:

Post a Comment